We at Chakkrasiddhi institute, our centre for holistic healing,follow the Siddha system of healing. The term Siddha means “achievement” and Siddhars were ancient saints and great scientists who achieved breakthrough results in the field of medicine. Sadly limited awareness of this wonderful and effective system has resulted in a dwindling line of practitioners.
Much of the efficacy of the treatment hinges on the practitioner who besides possessing great medical prowess should also be a person of impeccable spiritual and moral fibre.
Which is why our chief healer hailing from a family that has practiced and passed down this art through guru- shisyaparampara for 36 generations, has trained hard and extensively in various fields like music, dance, ayurveda and martial arts since the age of four, to acquire the eligibility and knowledge required to heal various chronic ailments. She is ably assisted by two other dedicated healers who have been delivering effective therapies by blending their skills with selfless love and compassion. Though the number of patients flocking to us have increasingly skyrocketed, we have never ever compromised on the quality of treatment.
How the actual process works
Nadi Vaidyam and Marma Chikitsa, the processes employed by our healers in the siddha system of healing, can heal all chronic and painful health disorders without surgical or medical intervention. Nadis are basically channels or energy pathways like tubes, ducts, cords and vessels that propagate pranic current throughout the body. There are 72,000 such key energy pathways with access on the surface of the skin.
Besides these, all of us also have powerful energy points or marmani located at sites richly supplied by nerves and blood pressure, which are highly sensitive to stimuli such as touch and pressure. The marmani facilitate cellular communication, serve as diagnostic indicators and have several therapeutic applications .Treatment at these vital energy pathways (nadis) and energy points (marmani) through nadi vaidyam and marma chikitsa helps restore balance to the nervous system by harmonizing sympathetic and parasympathetic functions. The healer streamlines the panchabootas like air, water, wind etc that he or she has absorbed from the cosmic energy and applies this energy to cure the patient. The healer’s touch is a complex biochemical and neuro- electrical impulse. The energy of that touch along with the vibration of the mantra uttered passes through the gateway of the marma and the nadis to the respective organs and starts balancing the prana. Therefore, when a healer touches the marma or activates the nadi through a simultaneous application of gentle strokes and direct deep pressure, chronic patterns of tension and toxins in the body get released, the muscles relax, both blood and oxygen circulation is stimulated,and the healing process gets activated .By treating these disturbed marma points and by regenerating the blocked or deceased nadi points in the body, the body is restored to its normal state. The patient will sense immediate relief within three days. The total process is completed within 1-3weeks time depending upon the seriousness of the ailment.
Diagnosis, precautions and dietary restrictions prescribed during treatment
Before the treatment commences the medical reports of the patient are thoroughly examined and a case study is made. Patients are counseled and all doubts regarding the process of healing are addressed. The treatment is started immediately after assessing the course and cause of the disease. The treatment time per session varies from half an hour to one hour. For the more serious cases it might even extend to an hour and a half. Some patients are asked to get physiotherapy done during the treatment period-this will make the patient’s body flexible, enabling the healer to access the treatment points easily. During the treatment period, the patient should lead a satvic life, abstain from imbibing alcohol and smoking and also maintain a strictly vegetarian diet. Women must not attend therapy sessions during their menstrual cycle. If these instructions are not followed, it becomes difficult for the healer to trace the patient’s energy points and pathways through their aura and treat them. However once the treatment ceases, the patient can revert back to his or her previous diet.
Diseases that we cure
The Siddha system is especially effective in treating all muscular-skeletal and neurological disorders. Arthritis, Sciatica, Spinal problems, bone dislocations, all types of joint pains, Migraine, Poliomyelitis, Paralysis, Cerebral Palsy and many more health disorders can be treated successfully at our institute. This system is also effective in treating chronic cases of liver, rheumatic problems. Besides physical and psychological disorders our healers are also very good at treating difficult congenital disorders.
How safe is this treatment?
The siddha system of healing is a time tested system which effectively manages many chronic diseases and degenerative conditions within a short period of time. The medications prescribed are natural and do not cause any complications or side-effects. Mistakes in diagnosis or treatment are minimal as treatment is patient specific and takes into account the patient’s individual profile. Patients may experience a little soreness during and immediately after the treatment. However there is little cause for worry as pain or tenderness is the body’s way of conveying that there is some weakness, impurity or imbalance at the marma point. It is crucial to understand that this soreness is a small price to pay for the relief of chronic pain or the cure of a chronic disease.
The Siddha Philosophy
The Siddha system firmly believes that mind and body are not two separate entities. They are not merely inter-connected but believed to be one cohesive entity .Anything that happens in our mind influences our body and vice-versa. Every change in our mental state is instantaneously reflected in the chemistry and functioning of our body. It is therefore crucial for the patient to cultivate a calm mind and inculcate a positive attitude towards life as it will hasten his healing process.
There are several disbelieving skeptics who scoff at our system. Yet, time and again its efficacy has been vouched for by countless patients with constant pain or the chronically ill, who come to us with no hope and yet go back miraculously cured.. Our aim is not to criticize any other mode of treatment. Instead, we merely wish to create a healthy awareness about the Siddha treatment that is being delivered at our institute. Here, we try not merely to address the symptoms of the disease but fully eliminates its root cause as well. Our holistic energy healing treats not just the body but the mind and soul and helps our patient attain a perfect balance in life.
Traditional Siddha Treatment
- Physiological and psychological functions in the body are a result of seven elements and three doshas (humors)
- Seven elements
- saram (plasma) responsible for growth, development and nourishment
- cheneer (blood) responsible for nourishing muscles, imparting colour and improving intellect
- ooun (muscle) responsible for shape of the body
- kollzuppu (fatty tissue) responsible for oil balance and lubricating joints
- enbu (bone) responsible for body structure and posture and movement
- moolai (nerve) responsible for strength
- sukila (semen) responsible for reproduction
- Three doshas
- Vatha (air), Pitha (fire) and Kapham (earth and water)
- Ideal ratio of vata, pitta and kapham in the body is 4:2:1. Disturbance in the equilibrium results in disease
- The factors, which affect this equilibrium are environment, climatic conditions, diet, physical activities and stress
- Marma Therapy
- Varmas facilitate cellular communication, serve as diagnostic indicators and have therapeutic functions
- Involves pressure manipulation over these points with a particular force for the specified time
- Regulates the flow of obstructed pranic energy
- Removes blockage in the energy channels and around bones, nerves, blood vessels and tissues
- Releases toxins, restores blood supply and oxygen, relaxes the muscles
- Enables the body’s natural process of healing and pain alleviation to begin and continue
- Correct diagnosis and correct screening is utmost to the treatment
- Goal is to examine the deeper level at which the issue exists
- No hurried approach to getting a cure
- Rejuvenate and stimulate the healing powers inherent in each patient
Opening / closing the points
- Open the point through hands – hands have healing touch (baby in safe hands)
- Opening the point allows a path for energy to flow from top to the particular point, blood then rushes down
- Apply gentle pressure in the particular region and push out the block, to manually align it
- The block can be deep in but needs to come to the surface
- It should hit the particular point and shake out all the toxins, osteophytes
- The gap / passage created to reach the block is called opening the point. It may be around bone, tissue, nerve, cell etc
- While closing the point, reverse pressure is applied
- A point can be opened in 8 directions
- The point can be sensed through the warmth in the hands
- The amount of pressure to apply and the direction in which to apply it is a special skill done by trained practitioners
- Due to the pressure applied, there will be soreness in that region. This automatically becomes okay in 2-3 days
- Daily monitoring and feedback capture
- Continuous fine tuning of treatment based on patient condition
- One can observe the strengthening in the body, patient becomes more active
- Different physical bodies respond in different ways. Healing is a complex physiological process, so the amount of pressure to be applied, parts where the pressure is needed, which is the root of the problem etc are very specific to each individual, even though the complaint seems to be the same
- A calm disposition in the patient is very important. Mental and emotional patterns need to be corrected where needed. Since the treatment is at subtle energy levels, the harmonious reception of these energies by the patient is required
- Soothing chants are played and a cheerful atmosphere is maintained at the centre
- No medicines or invasive procedures
- Very effective for chronic diseases
- Applicable to all age groups
- Restores the natural functioning of the body
- Addresses the root – as opposed to TKR
- Successful where conventional methods fail
- No breaks in daily routine
- Cost effective
- No investment needed in post care treatment
- Personal therapist-patient relationship
- Body, mind, spirit healing