Sinusitis is an infection which occurs as a result of inflammation of the nasal cavity. The nasal channels which are meant for drainage of mucus get blocked due to the swelling of the lining tissues. In its acute form, it lasts up to 4 weeks. However, when in chronic form, it can affect the patient for up to 8 to 12 weeks time.
common causes of Sinusitis
- Abnormal growth of nasal tissue (polyps)
- Viral, bacterial or fungal infection.
- Deviated nasal septum (wall between nostrils)
Symptoms of Sinusitis
- Nasal congestion, distorted sense of smell, runny nose, sneezing and itching.
- Chronic cough.
- Pain in the back of eyes, forehead, nose and face.
- Severe headache.
- Fatigue or fever.
- Pressure in head region with tenderness.
- Difficulty in sleeping or snoring.
- Soreness and irritation of throat.
- Swelling of facial region.
- Bad breath.
- Mucus/phlegm/pus discharge.
Siddha Healing for Sinusitis
Treatment of sinusitis generally involves usage of medication to reduce the inflammation and manage the symptoms. However, Chakrasiddh uses no external medication and carries out the healing process by yoga and marma therapy to enhance the overall flow of blood and energy through the body to alleviate the patient from the state of pain and congestion and remove toxins. With the help of a healthier lifestyle and continued marma and massage therapy, sinusitis can be treated to a large extent.