Alternative medicine in India has been flourishing for centuries. Siddha, also known as Siddha vaidhya, is a body of alternative medicine that is backed by yogic science. It approaches health as the stable balance of the physical, spiritual, mental, moral and social elements of human existence. It is a holistic alternative healing system that is believed to have emerged from Tamil Nadu. In the past, the practice of Siddha healing was unique to South India.
Spiritual scientists who imbibe these teachings are known as Siddhars. Over the years, traditionally trained Siddhars dwindled in numbers due to the lack of awareness about the practice. Siddhars often invest years in sadhana before being able to heal an ailing person. They are essentially channels of energy, who use meditative techniques to remove negative energy and restore positive energy in the patient’s body. The siddha system of medicine believes that diseases are the manifestations of negative energy that contaminate our organs.
While yogic meditation is an essential element of energy healing as practiced by Siddhars, the system also uses thousands of unique natural drug preparations to heal chronic ailments. These drugs are generally made from various herbs, but may also include the use of minerals, metals, or animal products. These advanced drug combinations are often prescribed along with certain dietary restrictions for better effect.
Credited as an effective system of alternate medicine, Siddha also involves the use of pressure application and massage. This aspect of siddha healing is known as Varma Kalai (more popularly known as Marma Therapy). The siddha system identifies 108 varma points as the vital pressure points in the body and manipulates them to cure trauma, chronic rheumatic diseases, and neurological diseases. All Siddha techniques are extremely safe since they do not cause any side effects.
Benefits of Siddha Healing
- De-stresses your whole body by dispersing toxins from knotted muscles, improving blood-circulation and supply of oxygen to the brain.
- Offers total relaxation, producing a state of calm, peace and tranquillity, reducing nervous tension caused due to stress and anxiety.
- Deeply relaxes the muscles, reducing stiffness, aches, and pains.
- Increases and improves the circulation of blood to the head, neck, shoulders and face, supplies the body with vital nutrients that repair and rejuvenate the skin tissue, cells and muscles.
- Breaks down the toxins accumulated in muscles and cells to stimulate the immune system.
- Boosts the supply of oxygen to the cells to release physical and emotional toxicity.
- Improves blood circulation to the scalp to stimulate hair growth.
- Restores positive energy in your body and improves concentration.
- Reduces irritability, calms the mind and even cures sleep problems.
- Focuses on the deeper layers of the muscle tissue to release chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and application of pressure on vital points.
- Work for all age groups.
- Does not involve any surgical, or invasive procedures.
- Promotes a personal relationship with the therapist, which can be particularly reassuring for those suffering from mental or emotional disorders.
The term neuro muscular skeletal disorder is given to a broad range of ailments that affect the interconnected systems of muscles and bones, along with the nervous system. These conditions can affect any part of the body and make it difficult for patients to lead a normal, functional life. In Siddha healing, with massage, yoga and energy healing therapy, these disorders can be effectively treated.
A group of diseases that impair the functionality of the spine are known as spinal disorders. They generally occur due to structural damage caused internally or externally. Siddha healing and its set of holistic techniques stimulate the affected regions to provide a long-lasting cure for various spinal disorders.